Creating video content, whether for your website, social media, or platforms like YouTube, can be a successful addition to your digital marketing efforts. Studies show that audiences are expecting and desiring video content from their favorite brands or businesses, with 54% of consumers wanting more video content (HubSpot). So, whether you are a company with existing video marketing efforts, or just starting to create video content, it can’t hurt to ensure your strategy is hitting all the marks you need to in 2022.
What is Video Marketing?
Video marketing is the process of creating and distributing video content to promote a product, service, or brand. It can be used for various purposes, including increasing brand awareness, generating leads, or driving sales. Video is a powerful way to connect with your audience and promote your brand. But with so many different video marketing tactics available, it can be tough to know which ones are the best for your business.
This article will share some of the best video marketing tips and tricks to help you get started. Keep reading to find out how to get the most out of your video marketing campaigns, from creating engaging videos to promoting them.
How to craft a video marketing strategy
People love watching videos. In fact, 78% of people watch video content every week (Social Media Week). With the proper tools, you can use both short and long form videos to target specific demographics and interest groups with laser precision. With the proper strategy, the popularity of video content will allow you to connect with your audience and promote your business.
- Ensure that your content is high quality
When it comes to video, quality is critical. Your videos must be well-produced and informative to capture attention and keep viewers engaged. This doesn’t mean that you necessarily need to use expensive or time-consuming platforms to create videos. Nowadays, anyone can access resources and tools to facilitate creating high-quality video.
Platforms like Vimeo, Magisto, Biteable, Wistia, and even Canva all have free or affordable packages that will help your team get started on creating video content for social media and more.
- Understand how videos will resonate with your audience
To maximize the impact of your video marketing campaign, it is essential to understand how people consume videos and what types of videos are most effective.
Most people watch videos for entertainment or informational purposes, so it is essential to ensure that your videos are a mix of both entertaining and informative. Purely promotional video posts are less likely to be viewed by potential customers than those that offer value.
When planning any video marketing campaign production, consider the following:
- Create content that is both entertaining and informative
- Think about what type of video would be most effective for promoting your business
- Make sure your videos are properly tagged and optimized for search engines
- Promote your videos through social media and email marketing
- Determine when to use video over other forms of content
One important factor to consider is that video posts tend to perform better than other types of content. But this doesn’t mean that any video will instantly perform better than a static post. Consider the following:
- People’s attention spans are short, and short videos can be more effective. Make sure the length of your video is appropriate for the platform it is being added to.
- Evaluate whether a video is the best format to share the content you are including. Videos often perform better than other forms of content, but that doesn’t mean that your social media feeds should solely include videos. Think before you post – what format makes the most sense for the content I am sharing?
- Promoting your videos
After creating video content, you will usually need to promote it in some way. This includes:
- Deciding where to distribute the content
- Ensure your video is optimized for online channels, and that your video can be easily found and shared by potential viewers–this will increase its reach and ensure that as many people see it as possible.
- Submit your content to video directories.
- Utilize videos in paid ads on platforms like Instagram and Facebook
How to start a video marketing strategy
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best video marketing strategy will vary depending on your goals and objectives. However, there are some key things to keep in mind when crafting your strategy.
For example, consider your target audience and what type of content they might be interested in watching. Then, think about how to use video to achieve your desired outcome, whether increasing brand awareness, generating leads, or boosting sales.
Determine the best platform for hosting your videos and ensure that your videos are properly optimized for search engine ranking. A long form video may be most appropriate for YouTube or Vimeo, while a video under 60 seconds will likely perform best on Instagram, TikTok, or Facebook. You can also maximize both types of platforms by posting shorter videos to social media, with a link to a longer version of the same video elsewhere.
Can video marketing help improve my website SEO?
Yes, videos can improve your website SEO!
Videos can help draw potential, and otherwise unlikely, customers to your site by providing an engaging and visually appealing way to present information. In addition, search engines rank locations with videos higher than those without.
Here are some instances where sharing video can be beneficial for your business along with some successful real world examples:
- If your product or service is complex, try utilizing a longer video format like a YouTube or Vimeo post.
- If there are any specific tips or tricks that can be utilized to help with your product’s (or service’s) niche, you can share short video content on Instagram Reels.
- Many products and services require promotion, especially when in the early stages of starting and growing a small business. Sharing short videos through platforms such a TikTok and Instagram Reels can provide and invaluable boost to your reach to a broader audience.
So, if you're looking to give your site a boost, adding videos is a great way to do so.
Can video marketing help improve my website SEO?
- Attract more visitors to your website.
- Improve your search engine rankings.
- Build backlinks to your website.
- Increase the amount of time visitors spend on your website.
- Generate more leads and sales for your business.
How do I know if my video is successful?
As a business owner or marketing professional, you may be wondering how to determine the success of your video marketing efforts.
There are several ways to measure the success of your video marketing campaign. Here are some key indicators to consider when measuring the success of video content:
- Views: How many people have watched your video? This is a good reach indicator and can be tracked using most video hosting platforms.
- Engagement: How long are viewers watching your video? Are they watching the whole thing, or do they drop off after a few seconds? Engagement can be a good indicator of interest.
- Shares: Did anyone share your video with others? This is a good indicator of viral potential.
- Comments: What are people saying about your video? This is a good indicator of engagement.
- Leads: Have you generated any leads from your video? This is a good indicator of conversion potential.
By tracking these indicators, you can get a good sense of how successful your video marketing campaign has been or could be. If you do not see the results you want, don't be afraid to experiment with different types of videos, other platforms, and various strategies. You'll eventually find what works best for your business with a little trial and error.
Does Video marketing work for small businesses?
If you’re thinking “is it worth the time investment for a small business to utilize video marketing?”, the answer is yes! Video content is very effective for reaching a large audience with a minimum investment.
A video can introduce customers to your business, explain your products or services, or provide a tour of your premises. Video marketing can also be used to create customer testimonials or to answer frequently asked questions.
Can a Marketing Agency help me with my video content?
There are dozens of marketing agencies that specialize in video marketing. The key is choosing a marketing agency that aligns with your needs and visions.
At Inbound AV, our digital marketing department focuses on the “big picture” when it comes to content marketing. Our design and content creating team can create video content from scratch–but we don’t stop there. When it comes to digital marketing, Inbound AV specializes in strategizing the best approaches and uses of your brand’s content. We can provide key insights on how to create a content plan, curate content, maximize reach, and draw in more dutiful fans and followers of your brand.
Looking for a way to maximize any sort of content, from website copy, video, social media posts, blogs, newsletters, and more?